The Annual American Business Awards, on its 11th year was held on September 16, 2013 in the SF Julia Morgan Ballroom and has given recognition to deserving businesses in the United States. This was the second part of two ABA ceremonies this year. The first part was held in June in Chicago.
Premier Businesses Honored
The nation’s leading and premier businesses are given recognition based on specific criteria. And all US operating organizations, both in the public and private sectors, for profit or non-profit, big and small are qualified to submit nominations for the different categories. The focus for this ceremony is on achievements in the technology industy and outstanding new products and services.
All-Inclusive Spectrum of Business People
For this particular awards night an all-inclusive spectrum of American business people and organizations are honored by the American Business Awards. There were over 250 executives in attendance to take part in this special night. These executives are top level management representing major public and private companies, government agencies, emerging start-ups, product development companies, marketing firms, and web development companies.
The Stevie® Awards and the ABA History
The Stevie® Awards were created not just to give out corporate plaques but more so to generate public recognition of the positive contributions and achievements of and to honor organizations and business people from all around the world. This award started off with:
- the American Business Awards in 2002
- the International Business Awards in 2003
- the Stevie® Awards for Women in 2004
- the Stevie® Awards for Sales and Customer Service in 2006
Stevie® Awards’ Mission
The mission of the award is to elevate the profile of exemplary and outstanding organizations and individuals among the business community, the press and the general public. Thus, The Stevie® Awards became one of the world’s most sought-after awards. There are three levels if distinction for the Stevie® Awards, namely:
The First Grand Stevie® Award
Winners of The Grand Stevie® Award which was the first ever to be given were also announced in the awarding ceremony. Organizations that have garnered the most number of awards whether it’s bronze, silver or gold from this year’s American Business Awards.
The ABA secretariat received over 3,200 entries and over 320 executives took part in judging to determine this year’s winners.
Notable Stevie® Awards recipients included:
- The Cisco IT Elastic Infrastructure Services Team for Information Technology Team of the Year
- John Hancock Funds iDiversify for Best Marketing App
- ExtraHop Networks for Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year (Up to 100 Employees)
- Carbone Smolan Agency for the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group website for Best Hospitality & Leisure Website
- Phil Fernandez, president and CEO of Marketo for Executive of the Year (Computer Software with up to 500 staff)
- Bitcasa’s Infinite Drive for New Product or Service of the Year (Consumer Services)
- AT&T’s Application Resource Optimizer (ARO) for Tech Innovation of the Year
- Hewlett-Packard’s HP Officejet Pro X576dw for New Product or Service of the Year (Hardware – Peripheral)